Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fight the temptations...

Have I mentioned that I love ice cream? I LOVE ice cream. I could eat it every day...and sometimes I do. But lately, you would be amazed by my will power! I was even able to turn down two offers today from my husband for a mocha frappachino...mmmm....one of my favorites. But I did it. I said no. I fought the temptation. It was horrible. I know. I know. It will be good for me. It has a lot of calories and sugar...yada, yada, yada.

I have to be honest. I make no promises when it comes to the weekend. I can do it all week long, make good food choices, get lots of exercise, stay on a good routine...but as soon as Friday night comes, it's all out the window for me. I make terrible food choices. I want dessert, mostly ice cream. We eat out all the time. And I get very little exercise (unless somebody awesome is teaching Turbo on Saturday morning). It's really easy for me to get through the week healthily. Why? Oh why, can't I make good choices on the weekend? I actually already kind of know the answer to that question.
1. I use the weekend as my reward. "If I can just make it until Saturday, then I can ________." Bad.
2. We have no schedule on the weekend. I eat at crazy times, and we're usually not at home.  Bad.
3. We eat out a lot on the weekend. We're not usually at home. So, we're grabbing something on the way somewhere or just taking the time to eat out while we're already out and about. Kind of bad.

You'll see my shame when you get to Saturday's food and exercise. Hmpf.

Thursday
Breakfast: 2 eggs, cheese, toast
Lunch: chicken salad on a bun, fruit
Snack: microwave s'mores with 4 graham crackers, 2 marshmallows and 1 Hershey bar
Dinner: leftover pasta
Snack: graham crackers with peanut butter, milk
Exercise: Turbokick with Anna (Who, by the way, was awesome!)

Friday
Breakfast: leftover pasta (I love non-breakfast foods for breakfast!)
Lunch: crackers, cheese, pepperoni
Snack: Apple with peanut butter
Dinner: Steak quesadilla with yummy veggies from Ole's Guacamole
Snack: 1/2 cup of trail mix
Exercise: 1 hour walk with dogs and stroller

Dog and baby walker extraordinaire!

Saturday
Breakfast: graham crackers with peanut butter
Lunch: Yummy baby shower foods - fruit, veggies, dip, chips, roast beef and cheese little sandwich, cake, and cream puffs. Holy crap.
Dinner: Barbecue sandwich, potato salad, and banana pudding, oh yeah, and a Pepsi :( from Moe's Original BBQ (DELISH)
Snack: Crackers and cheese
Exercise: Nada

Today was not so good...and tomorrow's not looking too hot either...It is Bele Chere weekend after all. And that usually results in a funnel cake. End of story. It's practically the law. I might try to fight the temptation. But I doubt it.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit....I also have a funnel cake problem, and an ice cream problem. So, I bought weight watcher's ice cream candy bars (only 4 points), and Friday I ate fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch and walked 2 miles with Courtney at the lake so that I could have a funnel cake at Bele Cher....totally worth it. It was delicious!!

    Kudos on turning down the mocha frappachino's! Tell him to quit offering them to you!!!

    ReplyDelete