Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thank you workout endorphins

Today was semi-good. I didn't follow my meal plan entirely, but that is going to happen and the last thing I need to do is freak out about that, especially if I'm making good choices.  I missed my morning snack, no big deal though because I really wasn't all that hungry anyways. I also went out to eat for lunch with Nana. My summertime lunches with Nana are numbered, so I had better take advantage of them while I can. 3 weeks and a few days until it's back to reality! A whole new reality, might I add. So instead of my tuna sandwich and pretzels, I had 2 steak tacos and 12 chips. Carb total? 60. Perfectly within my 45-60 carb lunch.

I also missed my 7am walk this morning...but (and this is a TOTALLY valid excuse) Charlie slept in until 8am this morning! And who am I to wake a sleeping baby? Nuh-uh! No way. Not me. I totally appreciate the 2 extra hours of sleep, thank you very much.

I also went to turbokick tonight, where my fantastic friend Leigh was teaching. And even though I MIGHT have given her a little bit of a hard time, I was glad I went. It only sucked a little, and that was mostly because I'm still so out of shape. I need to promise her I'll be nicer next time and actually finish the cool-down instead of being defiant. :)

All in all, I'm ok with today. I did a lot better today than I was doing just a few days ago. I already feel better. I'm happier and already have more energy.  Thank you water, healthy eating, and workout endorphins. Thank you very much.


Just a picture of the family for good measure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment