Monday, July 18, 2011

Oh man, I'm tired.

I've got lots of good news and bad news.  Bad news first: I did not take my measurements today...but I promise I will tomorrow..
Good news:  So, day 1 was a success!! It was horrible, mind you, but successful nonetheless. The afternoon was especially hard. I was tired. Charlie was tired.  Neither one of us was sleeping and all I wanted was a cold shot of Pepsi. But alas, I did not give in. I would have also loved some Oreos too by the way... Instead, I had an apple with a giant spoonful of peanut butter. It was delicious and mostly calmed my craving.

There are certain times when I know exactly why I overeat.  There are also times when I overeat for no good reason at all. Today was a day when I knew exactly why I wanted to eat. I was tired and worn out and I'm pretty sure my body tells me that if I'm going to keep going like this I've got to put in some fuel. However, my mind reads this as "you are clearly starving to death, and you must eat everything in sight." What I really needed this afternoon was a nap. So, my success is restraining from indulging in bad foods just because I was tired. I will, however, indulge in them in moderation.

Other good news: I did get my "before" pictures taken today, thanks to my sweet friend Leigh! Posted tonight... :/





Yikes...this takes a lot of bravery on my part...just so you know.

Other good news: I got all my workouts in today.  I walked with Leigh this morning around the neighborhood. And even though Charlie was a slight fuss-bucket this afternoon, I still made it to the gym.

Day 1 = SUCCESS

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Jennifer! :)
    No, I didn't see your response about the 5k - I have no idea what I'm doing. And no facebook - -- NEVAAAH! :) Do it old school style and email me.

    ReplyDelete