Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I might be starving to death.

OK, so maybe I'm not literally starving to death and I'm certainly not wasting away to nothing. I'm just hungry alllllllll theeeeeee tiiiiiimmmme! On days when I'm especially tired it's worse. I try to be aware of days when I'm just hungry because I'm tired and not particularly because I'm actually hungry. When I feel like I'm starving to death, but I know I'm not really, I've been trying to drink a glass of water instead. It usually calms the hunger call, and if not, I'll get a little something like crackers and cheese. I have to say, though, that I'm pretty proud of myself for resisting the ever-present urge to eat lots of sweets...especially on hot days like this, ice cream is clearly the cure.

So on Monday, I technically started over, with the hopes that I wouldn't give up with every minor setback. I haven't been sticking to the diabetic diet, but I have been very aware of what I'm eating and trying to make good choices. I've also gotten some physical activity in, though, not quite as much as I would have liked.

Monday:
Breakfast - Cheerios and milk
Lunch - Tuna sandwich, pretzels
Dinner - Hamburger, sauteed squash, baked beans
Snacks - cheese, turkey pepperoni, and crackers; Greek yogurt
Exercise - Carry around a cranky baby :(

Tuesday:
Breakfast - Cheerios and milk
Snack - coffee with milk
Lunch - Hamburger, small handful of baked french fries, peach
Snack - peach
Snack - small bowl of raisin bran with milk
Dinner - 1 serving frozen pizza, carrots and ranch dressing
Snack - Graham crackers and peanut butter, milk
Exercise - 30 minute walk with the pups

Wednesday:
Breakfast - Cheerios and milk
Snack - cheese, turkey pepperoni, and crackers
Lunch - Chinese buffet  - yikes...I didn't do soooooo terribly and didn't leave stuffed, but yikes.
Snack - 1/2 slice frozen pizza
Snack - peach
Dinner - whole wheat pasta with squash and lean ground pork
Snack - graham crackers and peanut butter, milk
Exercise - Clean out the closets in my classroom for 4 hours, shopping (it's practically a sport)

I'm having too many snacks...but I might be starving to death! Snacking helps alleviate that feeling. I've lost a few pounds though, so I 'm not going to worry about it much right now.  Plus, once school starts back there will be little to no time for snacking.

Add to goals:
* weigh myself everyday
* figure out how NOT to starve to death

1 comment:

  1. Try not to weigh everyday if you are easily discouraged. Your weight will fluctuate every day anyway, no matter what you eat. Pick a day of the week to weigh every week. I weigh on Thursday or Friday so that I'm as far away from my weekend bad habits as possible!

    It sounds like you're doing really well making good food choices. Don't feel guilty about snacking. Healthy diets recommend that you have 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals and snacks anyway, so you are inadvertently doing exactly what they suggest anyway.

    Keep it up cause you're keeping me motivated!!

    ReplyDelete